The Rod: Will God Spare It?
Second Edition, 2003, 458 pgs.
Although it is shocking, the truth concerning the Judgment Seat of Christ presented in this book provides a sufficient answer to the numerous Biblical warnings addressed to the saints. This alarming doctrine of temporary chastisement ironically protects and magnifies the precious truths of eternal security and salvation through faith alone. Yet, unlike other modern defenses of eternal security, this teaching provides a much-needed panacea for careless Christianity in these last days.
Pastor J. D. Faust was born in Columbia, South Carolina. He is currently the pastor of Kingdom Baptist Church in Venus, Texas. He is the editor of The Kingdom Alert newsletter.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- The Accountability Awakening
- The Foundation
- Two Historic Errors
- Positive Rewards
- Negative Rewards in this Life
- Negative Rewards at the Judgment Seat
- Millennial Counterfeits
- The Christian's Danger of Kingdom Exclusion
- A Protestant Purgatory?
- Where Do the Unfaithful Christians Go?
- The Underworld
- The Temporary Abodes of the Dead
- Death at the Judgment Seat
- Temporary Soul Death
- Hurt of the Second Death
- Trial by Fire
- Two Phases at the Judgment Seat
- The Prize of the First Resurrection
- Safeguarding Literal Interpretation
- Millennial Incarceration
- Blotted Out of the Book of Life
- The Unquenchable Fire
- The Reward of Eternal Life
- Believers Should Believe
- Objections and Questions Answered
- Accountability Truth in History (Part 1)
- Accountability Truth in History (Part 2)
- Accountability Truth in History (Part 3)
- Believers Must Confess
Appendix A (Everlasting, Forever and Eternal)
Appendix B (Refuting Universalism)