The Three Eatings
Robert Govett was a fellow of Worcester College, Oxford. He possessed brilliant intellectual gifts. The Teaching of Robert Govett has been preserved in a large number of expositions and tracts. The Three Eatings is one such work.
"Govett's writings are extensive, of varying quality, and often marked by a high level of scholarship, a superbly logical approach, extraordinary originality, and complete faithfulness to biblical revelation. Much concerned with eschatology (Apocalypse, 1864, and other works), he held that much of the Book of Revelation is to be understood literally." R. E. D. Clark, The New International Dictionary of the Christian Church, J. D. Douglas, general editor, page 426.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- The Forbidden Eating of Eden (Genesis 2:8--3:24)
- Abraham's Land & Seed
- Israel's Commanded Eating
- The Lord's Supper (Matthew 26:17-29 and 1 Corinthians 10)
- Christians Partaking of Christ's Flesh and Blood (1 Corinthians 10:14-22)
- Supplement to John 6:1-52: Another View; and Fresh Light